o The legal requirements for the management and agricultural and environmental good practice that should be complied with by farmers who receive direct payments within the framework of the CAP are established in Royal Decree 486/2009. The information on the applicable standards for compliance with the conditionality can be found on the On the Spanish Agricultural Guarantee Fund (FEGA) page.
o EU legislation
• Directive 2009/128/CE: “Sustainable use of pesticides”
• Directive 2006/118/CE of the European Parliament and of the Council of 12 December 2006 on the protection of underground water against contamination and deterioration. European Parliament and the Council of 29 September 2003 (Official Journal L 248 of 31.10.2003)
• Water Framework Directive Directive 2000/60/CE of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2000, establishing a community framework for action in the field of water policy.
• Directive 91/676/CEE of the Council of 12 December 1991 on the protection of water against contamination produced by nitrates used in agriculture (Official Journal L 375 of 31.12.1991).
• Royal Decree 1311/2012, of 14 September, establishing the action framework to achieve the sustainable use of phytosanitary products.
o Reference legislation at regional level:
• BASQUE COUNTRY
• CASTILLA-LA MANCHA